ScanLover Forum - Asian Beauty Appreciation ScanLover Youtube Channel

Go Back   ScanLover Forum - Asian Beauty Appreciation > Other Stuff > Idle Chatter

Idle Chatter Chat about anything here

Old 11-02-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
mike2323
Retired Super Moderator With Honors

Thanked 40,041 Times in 4,927 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike2323 Send a message via AIM to mike2323
Default Device to remove censorship on JAV?

Certain machines, such as the one pictured below are supposedly capable of removing certain types of mosaic censoring. Various knobs are used to adjust settings to match the mosaic censoring, while a small joystick is used to target a certain area of the video. As one Japanese guy explains, “it is kind of hard to whack” when you have to concentrate on using your other hand to move the joystick and make sure the de-mosaic is centered on the action. This doesn’t stop Japanese guys from shelling out hundreds of bucks for such machines.
if this is true and is available for sale then maybe we can see those popular models sexual penetration with out the mosaic blur...

Anyone heard or read about this? what is your take on this??.. Would you buy and use it to remove the censorship on your favorite JAV DVD if you could get your hands on it? or do you think it is just a bogus device??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joystick.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	843248  
Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
ehreek

Thanked 16,044 Times in 1,929 Posts

I think I've heard of this device before.

It's downfall is that amount of time you take to re-render everything again into a DVD takes eons. Furthermore, I heard it's not easy to match the mosaic levels in mainstream JAVs

While it's not the best solution, retail companies such as S1, PREMIUM, MAXING all use thin mosaic in their shows
Meaning that if you've got a video that's 640*480 resolution or higher and is off high quality i.e. DivX/H.264

you can always increase your desktop resolution to 1280*1024 or higher and run the movie at 50% size that would result in the mosaic being so thin that it's almost virtually not there

You have to remember that these video producers make JAVs for viewing on TVs and not on computers - thus they only make/expand the mosaic to be blurred on TV screens but not on your personal computer

It's not the best solution as mentioned before but hey it's 'FREE'

Cheers
Reekz
ehreek is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users say thanks!
BlueMouse (11-02-2007), mike2323 (11-03-2007), pointman (05-12-2008), scanlover (11-04-2007)
Old 11-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Darth Demon
SLF Staff Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 72,269 Times in 5,985 Posts

I don't think that device is any worth purchase to remove the mosaic on dvds. First off, the only way to get the device is from Japan only and the prices tend to vary depending on where you get it from. Also you need to understand Japanese in order to get use w/ the controls. Also it is a real hassle to do all the work of trying to take out the mosaic. Also it is best suitable for experts who know how to use the device too.

I even checked on google to see that there is 3 other models which suppose to do the mosaic removal too. (DV-8800DV, Dv-X100DX, or the Dual 2005DX).

Besides I would like to know on how westerners manage to take the mosaic out to make some Japanese dvds uncensored?

So nope I would pass on the device.

-- Always on alert within the realm from the shadows! --
Darth Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
This user says thanks!:
mike2323 (11-03-2007)
Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
BlueMouse
SDU MIST Assault Unit

i think that mosiacs are there for a reason
removing them will render them illegal, and thus ourselves editing someone's works (well no on really gives a shit about that)..but then, why mosiacs are there, outside of the JAV industries, are for protection of privacies of individuals..so if we bring that into account, we're discussing a whole new level of stuff that's already not just for our own entertainment. and of course, keeping in mind that it is absolutely not a surprise if people abuse these machines for profitable gains and stepping the threshold of legal issues and privacies.

thirdly another question we should ask ourselves is whether we want to invest in such a device. the amount of money...are we sure it's sth we actually want to buy?

BlueMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
This user says thanks!:
mike2323 (11-03-2007)
Old 11-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
mike2323

Thanked 40,041 Times in 4,927 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to mike2323 Send a message via AIM to mike2323

Thank you for the feed back guys... I was watching a tv show the other night where they pixilated a t-shirt of an actor to prevent him from advertising... If they have devices to apply the mosaic then it can be reversed using a similar or something close to it maybe? wgich is why I stumbled upon this device...??? ahhhh... if we only knew what the Japanese use to apply those...
ehreek... yeah you are absolutely right those flicks are for viewing on television... but not for use computer guys... LOL,,, Darth Demonm I didn't realize that it was so difficult to obtain? don't they have one here in the US that can remove those censorship?

bluemouse just to reiterate... you are saying it's illegal to remove it? but isn't it that once you buy it you are free to do whatever you want with your item?... is there a law against removing the mosaic??? is that the reason why no one has yet to come out with an uncensored version of a JAV primarily only for Japanese viewing? I am just curious... if they are to produce a video for western viewers... let's say Sora Aoi.. shouldn't it be ok to make it uncensored since it will be for export and not for Japanese viewing?
them Japanese censorship is hella confusing.....

Last edited by mike2323; 11-03-2007 at 01:58 AM.
mike2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #6
jenny83
Muse

Smile demosaic-ing videos..

i was a video editor (my own business) for a while and i do have an idea of what software may be used to demosaic or "De Bayer" a video.. try looking up Vegas 6 and 7 cuz the have the basic Cineform stuff or better yet look up Cineform.. you just need to learn the basics of video editing i guess.. i haven't tried this software yet cuz it's been a while since i last edited videos.. last time i edited a video for a client was a year ago and a lot of new software have been released recently which i haven't encountered yet..

that's the software for videos.. i think it is possible to do it to with photoshop too but it's gonna take you more than a lifetime to do that.. assuming that you do it frame by frame (one photo at a time) at 30 frames per second of video with a film runing for 1 hour and 30 minutes plus the time to render and edit with a NLE software (nonlinear editing software) i don't even wanna know how long it'll take to finish..

try looking it up.. personally, i'd rather use Cineform or Vegas cuz i can read the icons, manuals, etc. and the manufacturers are reliable..
jenny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #7
Darth Demon
SLF Staff Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 72,269 Times in 5,985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2323 View Post
Darth Demonm I didn't realize that it was so difficult to obtain? don't they have one here in the US that can remove those censorship?
I check the Olympia DV-9900DX on google and it shows the product in Japanese shopping & auction sites. I didn't see any other mosaic device that was used in the US. I might think they got their's imported from Japan, ebay auction or basically use their computer w/ specific software.

-- Always on alert within the realm from the shadows! --
Darth Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
This user says thanks!:
mike2323 (11-03-2007)
Old 11-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #8
wemic
Spellbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny83 View Post
i was a video editor (my own business) for a while and i do have an idea of what software may be used to demosaic or "De Bayer" a video.. try looking up Vegas 6 and 7 cuz the have the basic Cineform stuff or better yet look up Cineform.. you just need to learn the basics of video editing i guess.. i haven't tried this software yet cuz it's been a while since i last edited videos.. last time i edited a video for a client was a year ago and a lot of new software have been released recently which i haven't encountered yet..

that's the software for videos.. i think it is possible to do it to with photoshop too but it's gonna take you more than a lifetime to do that.. assuming that you do it frame by frame (one photo at a time) at 30 frames per second of video with a film runing for 1 hour and 30 minutes plus the time to render and edit with a NLE software (nonlinear editing software) i don't even wanna know how long it'll take to finish..

try looking it up.. personally, i'd rather use Cineform or Vegas cuz i can read the icons, manuals, etc. and the manufacturers are reliable..
Dang...I have Vegas...never thought of that!
wemic is offline   Reply With Quote