ScanLover Forum - Asian Beauty Appreciation ScanLover Youtube Channel

Go Back   ScanLover Forum - Asian Beauty Appreciation > Other Stuff > Interesting News, Web Links

Interesting News, Web Links Share any interesting sites, news, links, blogs, whatever here

Old 05-25-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
ExtremelyHappy
J-Babe Pubic Hair Stylist

Location: Under a blue tarp in the middle of that intersection in Harajuku
Thanked 3,762 Times in 687 Posts
Default "It is way worse than I thought it would be"

Quote:
The debate over whether waterboarding constitutes torture reached a fever pitch this week, so WLS radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided to subject himself to the controversial practice of waterboarding live on his show. "The average person can take this for 14 seconds," Marine Sergeant Clay South answered, adding, "He's going to wiggle, he's going to scream, he's going to wish he never did this."

With a Chicago Fire Department paramedic on hand, Mancow was placed on a 7-foot long table, his legs were elevated, and his feet were tied up. Turns out the stunt wasn't so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop. He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds.

"It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke,"Mancow said, likening it to a time when he nearly drowned as a child. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...and-Loses.html
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...hitchens200808
Well now I just have to try it!

ExtremelyHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users say thanks!
BlueMouse (05-25-2009), hairen (06-18-2009), RYU HAYABUSA (05-26-2009)
Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
BlueMouse
SDU MIST Assault Unit

Thank you Mancow (funny name)

Now the public can see what it feels like. What waterboarding is. Let Bush watch this. The fucking shit him and his administration fucking approved

BlueMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
This user says thanks!:
RYU HAYABUSA (05-26-2009)
Old 05-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Lustor!
SLF Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 507 Posts

Great, Extremely Happy... You have just gone and made America less safe! I hope you're PROUD of yourself!!!
Lustor! is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users say thanks!
ExtremelyHappy (05-25-2009), hairen (06-18-2009), RYU HAYABUSA (05-26-2009)
Old 05-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
djerkovic
zinc saucier

Christopher Hutchens also went thru the same process and made the same declaration. Again, these people know they will be safe, even though they sign a waiver going into the waterboarding, that the waterboarder will take all precaution that it doesn't go too far. The same cannot be said for terrorist-suspects (not terrorists as the gitmo people haven't been given trials). Okay, KSM was a terrorist and the other less famous terrorist; they were evil. But torture is torture even if you call it enhanced interrogation.
djerkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
ExtremelyHappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustor! View Post
Great, Extremely Happy... You have just gone and made America less safe! I hope you're PROUD of yourself!!!
It's true! I better turn myself in.

Quote:
Who denounced you?' said Winston.

'It was my little daughter,' said Parsons with a sort of doleful pride. 'She listened at the keyhole. Heard what I was saying, and nipped off to the patrols the very next day. Pretty smart for a nipper of seven, eh? I don't bear her any grudge for it. In fact I'm proud of her. It shows I brought her up in the right spirit, anyway.'

http://www.readprint.com/chapter-7617/George-Orwell
3 users say thanks!
hairen (06-18-2009), Lustor! (05-26-2009), RYU HAYABUSA (05-26-2009)
Old 05-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #6
Ordell
Knight

Thanked 1,655 Times in 672 Posts

Mancow is fine and back home, unharmed, just spooked. Below is an account of what al Qaeda did to American soldiers.

----

A new video released by the Mujahidin Shura Council of Iraq shows new footage of the desecration of the bodies of Thomas Tucker and Kristian Menchaca. The Jawa Report has obtained a copy of the video. Graphic Images and link to video below.

A previous video had been released of the mutilation of Tucker and Menchaca's bodies by al Qaeda in Iraq. This one includes new footage and has a high production value. The video shows the bodies being dragged through the streets, beaten, and kicked.

The video is a propaganda piece which tries to link the killings of the two American soldiers in Iraq to the murder of a 14 year old Iraqi girl and her family. The video calls the desecration of Tucker and Menchaca's bodies retaliation for alleged abuses by U.S. soldiers.

Most of those abuses have been thoroughly debunked--such as in Fallujah, cited in the video-- or are cases in which the U.S. has prosecuted the abusers.

The video shows the burning of bodies in Afghanistan by U.S. soldiers. What the video does not say is that the bodies were being burned for sanitary reasons. To stop the spread of disease.

Near the end of the video, the two U.S. soldiers' bodies are burned.

The claim that Tucker and Menchaca were killed and desecrated in retaliation for the rape and murder of Abeer Qassim al-Janabi and her family is also not true. The allegations of the murder were not made until after the two were killed.

It is ironic that the video also shows images of Pfc. Justin Watt, who is the chief witness against at least 5 members of his platoon being prosecuted for crimes revolving around the incident.

The terrorists in Iraq celebrate the desecration of the bodies of soldiers, while we prosecute those involved in the very incident they claim to be retaliating for.

---------

Where's your fucking outrage over that?
Ordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
ExtremelyHappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordell View Post
Yep, and Iraqis have used ambulances and women and children for cover and movement. Reprehensible too, but because of you disapprove of some actions on one side (your side) doesn't mean you automatically endorse all actions by the other. That's the old "You either agree with everything I do or you're the enemy too."

Mancow is a conservative. He wanted to prove that waterboarding wasn't torture:

Quote:
"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...and-Loses.html
Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 AM   #8
Dyka
ScanLover Historian
Administrator

Thanked 2,278 Times in 715 Posts

Interesting. Also the photo doesn't quite show the procedure as explained.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
ExtremelyHappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyka View Post
Interesting. Also the photo doesn't quite show the procedure as explained.
Here's Mancow going under:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKfEjdAkmbs

You could probably do it in a bath/shower unit by lying down with a towel on your face, but from that video you might jump up by reflex and hit your head on a tap. Try explaining that to the paramedics! If you're unlucky you'd win a Darwin Award.
This user says thanks!:
hairen (06-18-2009)
Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Maetel1180Crp
Blonde On Blonde
Super Moderator

Thanked 13,210 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordell View Post
Below is an account of what al Qaeda did to American soldiers.
[..]
well, what do you expect, when two, third-world countrys fight with each other.
degenerated us-american aggressors, degenerated islamic fundametalists: it's like watching two drunken bums fight.

the educated rest of the world, scratches their heads & continues watching football. ("soccer" in texas. "كرة قدم" in fallujah)

Last edited by Maetel1180Crp; 05-26-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: english
Maetel1180Crp is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users say thanks!
hairen (06-18-2009), RYU HAYABUSA (05-26-2009)